Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tameshiwari


So, one of the training methods/parlor tricks of martial arts is breaking. Most commonly you will see Karate and Taekwondo practitioners breaking boards. I myself have never even tried breaking boards so I can't speak of them, I have always broken bricks and stones. My personal favorite material to break is river rocks.

Basically what this is training is the ability to deliver a sharp, focused blow. The practice of Tameshiwari (breaking) helps greatly with the art of Koppojutsu (bone breaking). Because nobody wants a fight to last very long, being able to strike a person with the intention of breaking or dislocating a bone is a useful martial skill. Tameshiwari is also just fun.

3 comments:

Robert Wheeler said...

You are a stone cold killer.
Or a cold stone killer, if the heat's not up very high.
Also, I can't tell if you mean that breaking rocks is fun, or if breaking or dislocating bones is fun, so I'm just going to remember to be terrified of you.

kalbojehki said...

SWEEUHT

Eliyahu said...

Hahahaha, thanks Robert, fixed that.