Tuesday, January 27, 2009

blog slacker

Once again I am at the 'Thirst, drunk, with no prospects of fulfilling my daily blog post. So I will say that Screen Door is an awesome restaurant. Upon my first bite of food I involuntarily writhed around and nearly fell out of my chair. Seriously. Orgasmic. Go there now.

Again, sorry for the short post.

::UPDATE::

I am home with minutes to spare. let's see if I can pull it off!


So, Screen Door is the fucking best, yeah? I ate there tonight. I had the Crispy Fried Buttermilk-battered Chicken w/ tasso ham gravy, mashed potatoes, and bacon & ham hock Collard Greens. Effing amazing! The Portions are HUGE! I can't recommend this place enough. Great food, wonderful service, local organic menu, and awesome decore with a semi-open kitchen. "A celebration of southern cuisine!"

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I can't believe you beat me home! Meh, it really was delicious, I still can't get over the rutabega and parsnip gratin I had with the creamy garlic leak gravy and the baked andouille (sp?) bread crumbs! Delicious!

theamberkey said...

Yeah, so mine was good, but wasn't hop-up-and-down phenomenal. Next time I think I might have to go with the fried chicken, or perhaps the screen door platter with some mashed 'tatoes thrown in.