Friday, January 30, 2009

I hope I'm not getting repetitive

So I went to Kenny & Zuke's again today. Even better than last time. Like I said I would, I ordered a straight Pickled Tongue Sandwich. This is by far one of the best sandwiches I have ever had, and it only has two ingredients(!) Bread and Tongue. That's it. Well, I added a bit of mayo, but just a bit. This time I also ordered it on white bread instead of whatever I had last time with Fennel seeds in it. MUCH BETTER! I had an Alameda Porter to go with it. Perfect. SOME PICTURES:

The Beer!

So good!

The Plate!

(I promise I only used a small fraction of that mayo. Who in God's name needs that much mayonnaise?!)

The Detail!


Further Detail!

Many of you asked me what the Tongue looked like, here you go

Ben's Sandwich!

I went with my Printmaking buddy Waylon Solos, he got the Meshugaletta which has Pastrami, Salami, Roast Beef, Turkey, Swiss, and Spicy Pickle Relish. Huge.

This place is amazing. 'nough said

1 comment:

Robert Wheeler said...

That looks absolutely mind blowing. Tongue also looks far more appetizing than I would've guessed. I'm even more interested in trying it now.