Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random bits

I have no idea what to write about so I will just sort of list off some stuff that is current in my life. here goes:

° My grant, as I mentioned yesterday, was denied, as was everyone else's in the printmaking group. I am still not sure what this means for the trip. I really want to go and think that I can make ends meet. I will have to talk to the others.

° I think that I may be moving out of my apartment, like, immediately. This is a bummer, but I can no longer afford to stay here. The management company is thinking about raising rent, and with this grant debacle I am pretty strapped for cash. I have started looking for a new place. ugh.

° I am still enjoying the heck out of my new longboard. I am glad that it is so awesome because it was a chunk of change that I should not have dropped at this time. DAMN YOU PSU FOR NOT ACCEPTING MY GRANT PROPOSAL! can you tell I'm a little bitter?

° The Wong's King/Martin Yan event is coming up this Thursday. This should be the best thing to ever happen I am pretty sure. I will, of course, post a big blog post about this when it happens. Very exciting.

° I need to clean my apt.

° OOH! Blood Oranges! I am now a devout believer in the God of the Blood Orange. I bought a few last week and am slowly savoring them. These have easily been some of the most delicious oranges I have ever eaten.

° Thievery Corporation is coming to town! Sometime in April I believe… HA! I just looked it up: 4/20. Perfect. Anyway, The one time I saw them back in 2006 I was blown away. Now, Thievery Corporation is one of my most favorite musical groups, but at the time I thought it was just gonna be the two guys standing in front of their mixers, nodding their heads while fiddling with the nobs on the crossfader. Boy was I wrong! Three percussionists, two guitarists, a bass player, a guy on a freaking Sitar, and SEVEN GODDAMNED VOCALISTS! oh, and yeah, the two guys were tucked away in the back fiddling their nobs. Possibly one of the better live shows I have ever seen. Seriously. I am going. Won't you?

° I am very excited to begin taking bass lessons from Sean. I am trading him for Tai Chi Straight Sword lessons. He also has a bass and amp that I can barrow to get started. I am pumped about this. I have long wanted to play an instrument, but never got around to picking which. This just decides it for me. Which is great. And besides, when you're prospective teacher and good pal is a freaking WIZARD(!), you might as well give it a go.

That's all for now.

-Peace

4 comments:

Robert Wheeler said...

Aw hell yeah bass man. I feel like I know a disproportionate number of bass players sometimes. And that's a damn good teacher too.
Maybe I'll actually get on this keyboard thing and we can totally start a band.

Your longboard is totally sweet.

Eliyahu said...

Yeah, I know eight bass players. Only one of them is not associated with the kung fu school.

kalbojehki said...

blood oranges are sex.
also- thank you for being all tradey with people. you make my heart lighter <3

weave said...

don't you think the moving is a LITTLE exciting because, at the very least, there will be potential for gardening? BECAUSE I'M EFFING STOKED.