Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A few things

HELL YEAH MOTHER EFFERS!!!

So as I mentioned before, Sean and I are trading some bass lessons for some Tai Chi sword lessons. Today after my kung fu class he invited me in to grab the bass he will be lending me to start out. It's a wee mini bitty baby bass that fits me perfectly. Also he is lending me the pignose amp that (I believe) he used to lug around on his back during the early days of Afroknot. We have yet to trade either lessons, but I am very excited to begin both.

Tomorrow is the very special Martin Yan cooking show filming and feast at Wong's King Seafood Restaurant. Despite this, I went tonight for dinner as well, as per my tradition of going every week after my kung fu class. We had the Multi-Flavor Lamb Hotpot with added noodles. To die for. And hey! Guess who else was there?!

That Patterson/Gimlin-esque figure in black looking over his shoulder is none other than the man himself, Martin Yan. GLEEE!

For years now I have been hearing about The Watchmen graphic novel and have never gotten around to reading it. With the movie about to come out there is pretty much absolutely no way to get it from the library, and I don't want to buy it outright. Lucky for me Jesse owns it and handed it off to me tonight. I am excited to launch into it.

Cheers!

Song of the Day: So far to go, J-dilla

3 comments:

remigious said...

Lol Mariah lent me her copy of Watchmen, now we will both be prepared for the movie. Ooh, I should but tickets soon...

Tess said...

You're learning to play the bass?!?!?!? We need to get a jam session together. I just acquired a mandolin- it's tuned the same as a bass.

Tess said...

P.S. I like your dad. He's funny.