Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Song of the Day

Look at the time stamp at the bottom of this post. 12:00 am, February 24th, 2009. I raced to get this out on Monday's date. Damn, Oh well.

Anyway,


I am going to institute a new feature on my blog. The Song of the Day! It will come as a small link at the bottom of my (almost) daily post. The utility of this will be many fold:

° I believe that music has the ability to express many emotions and ideas that my written words cannot. Anger, joy, sorrow, love, lust, etc. The danger of this of course is that some songs, or even genres of music, will have wildly differing connotations between two people. For example, Marvin Gaye's Third World Girl has, strangely, some pretty heavy emotional meaning for me. You doubtlessly have very different feelings about it. Sorry for any confusion at my future song choice.

° I will inherently be sharing with you the music that I love. This will serve the same purpose as my music you should know and might not be aware of posts, without the whole post being taken up by it. And fortunately, If you do not like my taste in music, you don't have to read about it or click the link if you do not want to.

° That being said, If I find myself nearing the end of the day with nothing to write about, I can at least pick a song of the day and post it. This should (hopefully) eliminate days without posts.

I will post the songs as links to youtube videos of the songs. I am not an internet guru and do not know how to create direct feeds. This hopefully will work for the most part.

Here goes:

Song of the day: Beautiful Drug, Thievery Corporation.

No comments: