Saturday, February 7, 2009

Eating with Friends

I had dinner with Robert and Jesse last night. It was an awesome Meat and Potatoes affair. I braised Kale with Pancetta and Shallots, Robert broiled some amazing Steaks, and the three of us collaborated on some Garlic Mashed Potatoes that turned out fabulously.

Robert said weeks ago that he was going to make some Tiramisu for desert. Secretly I scoffed. Tiramisu? Good luck!

I take it back Robert. This shit was superb. Restaurant quality. Fancy Restaurant quality. Seriously. I am WAY jealous that robert still has half a pan of this sitting in his fridge.


Today I went to a JMP reunion potluck. The house made Enchiladas with veggies from their beautiful garden, others made salad, meatballs, brownies, crisps, and I made shrimp fried rice. 'Twas swell. Ida and Aaron (the hosts) forced me to try their homemade Kombucha. I am converted. I used to hate the stuff. I had three glasses. I still think that I will find the brands available at the super market to be terrible and taste like vinegar. I will just have to ninja into their house and steal mason jars full in the middle of the night.

Tomorrow I am going to Tyler's Birthday party/potluck. That will be three potlucks in as many days. wish me luck!

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

That looks delicious, I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm glad you guys had a good time! I just wanted to go on record as saying I love reading your blog! I think I'm addicted, I check muliple times a day until the latest entry shows up, but I must admit it almost always makes me jealous!! The food, the dreams, all that's missing is the sex, LOL.

theamberkey said...

I know I ate that there with you, but I think I want it again tonight. It looks so good.

Eliyahu said...

Katelyn, I am glad you enjoy my blog. Here is a tip, I almost always update new posts near midnight. just check once in the morning. And, I would have to be getting some before I could blog about sex.