Sunday, February 1, 2009

Live Blogging the Super Bowl

This is more of an experiment than anything, I could really give a fuck about the Super Bowl.


3:22 - Jennifer Hudson is rocking the star Spangled banner!

…and the harbingers of death come flying over and ruin it.

3:24 - G.I Joe Trailer! So terribly awesome looking.

3:27 - John Madden looks ancient. His eyebrows are bright red and his hair is silver… weird

3:30 - Coin toss: Pittsburgh will receive.
I have always found this to be funny. They make a special coin just for this purpose and the ref. always has to describe the details on it and indicate which is heads and tails. They never seem very enthused about describing it.

3:34 - Kick off

3:37 - some footbally stuff is happening. I know nothing about any of the players, or even the teams. I will update when big things happen. Or when I feel like being snarky.

3:40 - The Steelers QB just ran it into the end zone! TOUCH DOWN!

3:41 - The Cardinals are contesting the TD.

3:44 - Overturned. 4th & Goal, kicking field goal.

3:45 - Three Points. Pittsburgh: 3 Arrizona: 0

3:49 - I've got Corn Chips, not one, but TWO types of Salsa, bread w/ artichoke dip, and Beer. Happy Eli.

4:07 - a bit of a Kerfuffle on the field.

4:10 - Touch Down Steelers. with the extra point. Pittsburgh: 10 Arrizona: 0

4:15 - OK, I officially think the new Star Trek movie looks stupid. Sad.

4:23 - Touchdown Cardinals! and the extra point. Pittsburgh: 10 Arrizona: 7

4:27 - Seriously, John Madden looks like a giant muppet.

4:33 - killer punt return by Arrizona. Marching towards the end zone.

4:39 - led to nothing.

4:42 - The new Pixar film looks… meh.

4:43 - Cardinals interception. Chip and Pick, Madden says.

4:46 - I hate Jay Leno SOOOOO MUCH! according to a recent poll, he is Americas most beloved television personality. This same poll found that America is completely fucked in the head.

4:53 - Steelers get a one hundred yard interception return. Pittsburgh: 16 Arrizona: 7. It's the longest play in Super Bowl History

4:56 - Being contested. I don't think it's going to be turned over.

4:57 - stands.

4:58 - Easy extra point. Pittsburgh: 17 Arrizona: 7

5:01 - Dreamworks' Monsters vs. Aliens looks like it might actually be alright.

5:04 - Bruce Springstien, I predict, will have a wardrobe malfunction.

5:06 - Who wants to bet that there will be hoards of sexy young people on the field as the "live audience" waving glow sticks around?

5:11 - OH MAN! the saxophonist is wearing the most awesome outfit!

5:14 - GLOWSTICKS! I see some glowsticks!

5:16 - Glowsticks out in force now.

5:20 - Saxophone man is rocking the cowbell!

5:31 - beginning of second half, cardinals possession.

5:55 - Field goal, Steelers, penalty called, first and goal steelers. still Pittsburgh: 17 Arrizona: 7

6:12 - So apparently the steelers scored a field goal at some point while I was looking away Pittsburgh: 20 Arrizona: 7

6:22 - Hey Katelyn, the announcer just said "working with alacrity." I thought you might like that.

6:26 - If I hear the word "drinkability" one more time I'm gonna throw my bottle of black butte porter at the tv.

6:28 - TouchDown Cardinals! plus the extra point. Pittsburgh: 20 Arrizona: 14

6:48 - Cardinals earn a safety. Pittsburgh: 20 Arrizona: 16

6:49 - HOLY MUTHERFUCKIN' SHIT! Cardinals TOUCHDOWN! Pittsburgh: 20 Arrizona: 23 with the extra point. Hot shit

6:52 - This game went from blowout to potentially the biggest comeback in Super bowl history.

7:00 - Steelers bring it to the five yard line with 49 seconds on the clock. 3 point game.

7:02 - Steelers with the touchdown! Pittsburgh: 26 Arrizona: 23

7:02 - being contested

7:04 - Touchdown

7:05 - Extra point Pittsburgh: 27 Arrizona: 23

7:06 - 35 seconds on the clock with to timeouts remaining. Not impossible, but highly improbable.

7:08 - The Cardinals are moving it better than they have all game. perhaps it will happen, though unlikely.

7:10 - Cardinals fumble and Steelers pick it up. 5 seconds on the clock

And that's it. Super Bowl Forty Three is over. Pittsburgh: 27, Arrizona: 23.


Welp. That was kinda fun. but not too fun. this was probably the least interesting blog post I have done. Thanks for bearing with me as I tried it out.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Slash the most eloquent blog you've written! I mean, seriously, you used the word alacrity. It doesn't get better than that. I saw the last 2 min. of the game which was kind of exciting and your blog filled me in on the rest. So now I've officially watched 2 football games in my life. Thank you.

Robert Wheeler said...

Isn't this the Superbowl? What's with all this "football" thing?

Where are the commercials Eli?