Thursday, February 5, 2009

A dream that I had in the early morning

I am chasing down an empty bus. As I board, I recognize the driver as artist William Pope.L. He stops and lets me onboard. I am congratulating him on being TriMet's Bus Operator of the Year. I'm standing up front and we are laughing and telling stories. I am concerned because he is passing hoards of people who are waiting at bus stops. They are screaming and waving their hands about their heads for him to stop and pick them up. William is saying that it's okay because we are having fun, and they would take the fun away, so he is in the right for not letting them board the bus. We are now entering a wide alley crowded with people who are mostly children. William, the Bus Operator of the Year, is maneuvering our vehicle about them at startling speeds, like cat bus running through the woods. We are now approaching some sort of event. William Pope.L is saying goodbye to me and I am exiting the bus.

Wading through the crowd, I am nearing the focus of the hubbub. I am greeted by Sean Nowland who is wearing a white Navy honor guard uniform and has shaved his head. I am being told that I am late and that the ceremony is about to commence. Sean is leading me with the rest of his formation into a swimming pool which is surrounded by auditorium style seating. We are now about waste deep in the pool and Sean is sweating with concentration.

I am realizing that the seats are filled with celebrities and world leaders. This is a very important event. I am saying to myself that I am very special to have one of the best spots in the arena, which right there in the pool. I am making my way to my designated spot in the edge of the pool and am recognizing Lindsey Lohan as the spectator seated directly behind me on the dry pool-side.

I have spotted across the pool the terrifying spectacle of a zombie who is emerging from the soil. I have turned my attention away from this to address the more pleasing views. I am arguing with a minor pop idol about psoriasis and a shooting star bisects the milky way, leaving a dark path in its wake. I am now arguing with her about the source of the dark line.

Somebody very near me is shouting about a ghost. I am aware that they are referring to the zombie. I have turned my attention back towards the monster and have realized that it is in fact an Alien Zombie. I am filled with terror and dread an horror and shock. I am flailing about in the pool to escape.

This is when I woke myself up by crying out in fear. I shit you not. "AAAHHH!" I said. This is now very funny to me. The image in the dream wasn't even that scary, yet I was soaked in waves of fright. This was a very happy, albeit weird, dream before the zombie alien showed up. The point in the dream where I first saw the thing and turned away was a moment of lucid dreaming; I said "no, this dream is cool and has no place being scary." But it couldn't be helped I guess.

Anyway, that was a strange dream I had.

1 comment:

kalbojehki said...

NEAT!
I think it's cool that you were able to take your focus away from the zombie, if even for a little bit.
My nightmares are usually mundane, and I always feel a little chagrined when I wake up crying.

Also, alien zombie ehhhhhhh D: