Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Puttanesca… again. With Video!

Two weeks ago, my pal Aaron gave me a huge jar of San Marzano Tomatoes. Today I finally decided what to make with them and had some time to do it. I have written about puttansca before. It is a simple and tasty dish that I enjoy making using tomatoes, olives, anchovies, onions, and lots of garlic. I forewent homework and spent almost all day making this video (various technical problems). Here it is:


You are lucky my camera died, so as not to be subjected to my O face of delight.

Cheers!

Song of the Day: No Commercial Breaks, Scroobius Pip

5 comments:

Tess said...

1. where did you learn to knife so good???
2. Olives, dumbass!

Eliyahu said...

That's not actually me wielding the knife. I hired a professional chef to be my hand double. On his blog he made a video about how to beat up a ninja, so we worked out a deal where I would do all the high kicks for him and he would mince garlic real fast.

Katelyn said...

You whore! Eating in front of all of us and not sharing. It looks absolutely perfect, minus that you didn't swirl your pasta with a spoon and instead ate it with the loud slurp of the Japanese. You can make that for me any day!

Patrinka said...

You can be my sous chef anytime. Only suggestions, don't cook tomatoes in cast iron or aluminum because it leaches the minerals into it and the iron will blacken it quicker. Also I usually use anchovies instead of sardines adding them in earlier carmelizes them adding richness without the fishy flavor. I adore you.

-Trink

Unknown said...

Sardines! Really! Very interesting, looks extremely tasty and made my mouth water... except for the chevre, on which my views are, I think, well known. But nice technique!
s.