Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A bitter taste

I sometimes have a hard time accepting things as they are. I'll get an idea in my head of how things will turn out, and when I find it to not be that way it hurts. What is disappointment? Why is it a feeling that is felt? I find that in most cases, not all, but most cases disappointment comes from a self created idea of the way things are gonna be. Rarely is it external. Usually once I realize that I have deluded myself I can recognize it and move past it. This process can take as short as the moment it took to think it, or as long as months. These are learning experiences.

It can be easy to forget that the world is not about me.

1 comment:

Twilight Spy said...

I have it tattooed on my back: Live without presumption. Still, it's hard to do sometimes. Kudos to you for being as aware as you are.