Monday, May 4, 2009

Gojira

Did you know that Godzilla is my hero? Oh, yes! Godzilla is totally sweet. I mean, check Godzilla out:

A complete bad ass is what Godzilla is! Godzilla is completely unfuckwithable.

I grew up watching the old Godzilla movies. I would go to the neighborhood video store and rent several at a time, enough to fill my whole weekend. The above clip is the trailer for Godzilla vs Gigan, which I own and used to watch over and over. It involves invading aliens summoning the space monster Gigan and the three headed space dragon King Ghidorah to attack the earth. Godzilla teams up with his former enemy Anguirus to defeat the evil monsters while a small group of karate fighting humans take on the aliens. Way awesome.

For several years in early high school I had vivid Godzilla related dreams. Sometimes Godzilla would be my ally, and other times a terrible beast, wreaking ruin upon Portland.




Song of the Day: Godzilla Theme, Akira Ifukube

No comments: