Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some food stuff

My lunch today:

Rigatoni salad with prosciutto, chevre, and basil, and a side of duck sausage.

Two Spatchcocked chickens:

~Dry rub~

~Sweet chili glaze~

My family went out to dinner to celebrate several notable happenings, including my graduation. We decided to go to LePigeon, a small, open kitchen restaurant known for their daring use of offal, fat, and various tasty bits of the pig not normally served in the States. The dinner was easily one of the best I've ever had.

We began with two starters:

~Jelly donut with seared Foie Gras and red wine vinegar drizzle~

~Rabbit Terrine with eel sliver, avocado, and miso sauce~

I had for my main course a Veal Blanquette over egg noodles with sautéed mushrooms and pearl onions and a healthy chunk of veal. A slim disc of foie gras placed on top slowly melted into the dish as I ate. Devine:


My dad and Stephanie both had steak with potatoes cooked in duck fat and flavored with marrow:


My mom and Niko both had the Duck confit with stewed root vegetables:


For dessert we split dense and delicious chocolate caramel tart. Unfortunately I did not snap any pics of this.



Song of the Day: Sugar Water, Cibo Matto - This video was directed by french weirdo/film director Michel Gondry, and has a very cool split-screen, forward/reverse, palindrome visual mechanic that I just love. It starts with Yuka Honda on the left (on keys), and my future wife Miho Hatori on the right (vox). Apparently copyright holders have chased it off of youtube, which sucks, but I have found it on dailymotion for your enjoyment.

3 comments:

Twilight Spy said...

Thanks for the video link. Always loved that song. Never saw that very very cool video. No comment on the insane meatfest.

Eliyahu said...

You'll have to pardon the meatfest, 'twas a special occasion. But yeah, that video is especially awesome.

Robert Wheeler said...

God damn you you filthy delicious food eating bastard!