Monday, June 8, 2009

Lucy Knisley

I found a lovely new comic artist. Well, you know, new to me. Lucy Knisley:


Boing Boing posted a link to a comic about a week long fast she did. I find her simple line work and cute, understated humor to be quite charming.


I was initially drawn in by the Ligne Claire style she uses, but stayed for the wit. The autobiographical nature of her comics is quite appealing, especially since much of her material is about food. Her first book will be all about food, I can't wait to pick it up. Anyway, check out her website



Song of the Day: Can't Tell Me Nothing, Kanye West - I think Kanye West is an amazing producer and beat maker. His rapping could use some work. The reason I link this video is because Zach Galifianakis somehow talked Kanye into letting him make the video. The results are amazing. I saw The Hangover today (starring Galifianakis) and was reminded of this video when the song was used in the sound track.

7 comments:

remigious said...

I like the fat kitty!

Eliyahu said...

Check this out:

http://pics.livejournal.com/lucylou/pic/000q2g5c

remigious said...

Ahaha! That is awesome. I especially like "the pear".

Robert Wheeler said...

Excellent comic, and additionally, excellent song. I was first exposed to Kayne West on Offworld. They linked a handmade pixel art unofficial music video to his song Robocop.
Wonderful song, though the lyrics don't particularly inspire me.

There was a bit of synchronicity to the comic, as I had only just recently looked up the diet she uses, after it was mentioned in another comic. (It apparently makes for an interesting mixed drink with the addition of some bourbon.)

Tess said...

Oh my fucking god can I relate to these.

"Jaywalking while picking my nose...and I feel worst of all about eating at New Castle..."

My life.

Tess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tess said...

I also thought you might enjoy this tidbit of info...
Presently, she is working to complete a full-color graphic novel containing stories about her childhood among foodies and restauranteurs, entitled "Relish" from First Second Publishing.