Thursday, June 11, 2009

quick update

Let's see here

I've spent five nights in my new place now. It's going well! The other people are quite agreeable, and I enjoy their company a good deal. The location is pretty cool, lots of restaurants and bus lines, two of my living requirements . Yesterday Dan and Alyssa showed me some of the wonders of the nearby East side industrial area, I had never spent very much time in that area and was surprised by some of the cool stuff.

Yesterday I spatchcocked a chicken and grilled it. Spatchcocking involves removing the spine and then the breastbone from the bird and flattening it. This allows you to grill the whole bird at once, yielding astonishingly tender and juicy chicken. I plan to do this at the beginning of every weekend and just use it in meals for the rest of the week.

That is all.


Song of the Day: Flying Birds, RZA - From the Ghost Dog soundtrack. I don't know why the visuals in this are from an old Cypress Hill video.

No comments: