Monday, June 15, 2009

blog blerg

My computer is broken and I've been out of town. Sorry for the absence. I will not have my computer up and running for another week or two, so don't expect any posts for a while. I am writing this on another computer

I've been in Bellingham Washington visiting Tyson. I came up on the train with his brother Rayne on Tuesday and have been having fun ever since. I am back in Portland with some good memories, a bevy of bumps, bruises, scrapes, and cuts, and a passion for three new-to-me games: Settlers of Catan, Dominoes, and Bike Polo. Yes, bike polo.

On Wednesday nights the town's crusty bike kids gather in the highschool parking lot, drink booze, and play fierce bouts of three on three polo. After several three point rounds the rules switch and it becomes strip bike polo, the first team who is unwilling to strip off anymore layers looses. My team got to the point where I had my thumbs hooked in my boxers and ready to drop, but the loan girl on my team decided, perhaps not unwisely, to keep her bra on. Or perhaps she was just trying to keep my underwear on.



I also enjoyed some cliff jumping into the bay. The cliff was probably 25 feet high, and took me a few minutes to will my self over the edge and then what felt like another few minutes to hit the water.

No comments: