Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Blag, New Job

Though the sky has been sputtering and mumbling vague proclamations of the coming winter for a week now, today the snow has found its voice and belches forth with gusto, like an old man recounting the time he danced with eight girls in one night. I'm sitting at the cash register in OMC, watching the dry, dandruffy snow whip around Sandy Blvd, KATU news across the street at Les Schwab quoting the Book of Revelation. It has been a busy day (I'm typing sporadically between customers. It's taken me over an hour to get this far) with only a handful of days until Christmas. It is an interesting day at OMC. It is my last. I started in August when it was in the upper nineties, so this seems like an appropriate send off.

Perfect strangers, upon hearing that I am voluntarily quitting a job, tend to punch me in the face, unable to look at what they believe to be the stupid single person in the nation. The economy sucks, and the job market is worse, so why? I am leaving Oregon Mountain Community because I hate it. Some of the most ungraciously smarmy chumps I have ever known find gainful employment here. They ruin it for me, souring every moment that I must work beside them. This, I assure you, is the nicest thing I can find to say about them. Of course, there are many truly splendid folk that also stock shelves, pull orders, and answer phones around here. It is because of them that I will miss this place. But the others, they are the shellfish, the peanut, the dairy product, the special allergen that causes the trachea of my soul to slam shut, leaving me writhing on the floor, eyes wide, dimly taking in my fate.

Is that enough drama? Go ask your mama.

She told me to move on? alright.

I am starting a new job at elsa+sam's, a dishware boutique selling some really cool stuff. Check it out:

http://www.elsasam.com/

So, new blog. I hope to update regularly with art, food talk, fun pictures, and stories of my life. See you then!

1 comment:

kalbojehki said...

Oh! I passed by Elsa+Sam last month. I thought "if I had a million dollars all of my dishes would come from here." Because um. They're neat.
Thanks for following mah blog :3