Monday, December 22, 2008

A quick and easy pasta recipe

Here is a pasta recipe I created for when I don't want to work to hard at making food. I live alone so this is portioned for one person, scale up if cooking for more. It uses some ingredients that I keep stocked in my fridge at all times that many people probably do not. I recommend that you do.

Ingredients:

° Pasta! (any will do, I recommend buying fresh pasta)
° Olive oil (splurge and get something fancy, maybe a bottle from spain with pungent olive taste and peppery tones)
° Chevre (goat cheese is naturally lactose free!)
° Butter (try goat butter sometime! extremely cream and slightly sweet. Though I am using T-mook right now.)
° Prosciutto di Parma (get it sliced at the butcher's.)
° Chili oil
° Salt and Pepper

Now to get started.

Boil water, add the pasta. (a quarter to a third pound for one person)

Slice a few strips of Prosciutto into smaller pieces, set aside.

In a large bowl add two to three tablespoons of chevre, a generous pour of olive oil, and a pat of butter. Now ladle some boiling water from the pasta pot into the bowl with the chevre, oil, and butter. Start with only a little at first. The boiling water will melt the chevre and butter while the olive oil flavors the mixture and acts as an emulsifier. keep adding water slowly until you reach a desired thickness.

Strain pasta when ready and mix into the sauce bowl. Add S+P and chili oil to taste.

You have just made a rich and creamy pasta dish using one pasta pot, seven ingredients, and only took as long as it takes to cook pasta.

This is the basic recipe, I use this base to jump off into more elaborate dishes using roasted garlic, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized shallots, or toasted pignollas. Experiment!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Robert Wheeler said...

My empty stomach and bare larder curse you sir.

kalbojehki said...

hungee!!!
I didn't know that goat's cheese was lactose-free...hooray! It's my favourite :3