Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kung Fu on the Entire-Net

Quite sometime ago I created a Youtube account for the Kung Fu school, planning to post videos of what we do at the Black Dragon Kung Fu Society. I envisioned all of the school's forms, countless examples of self-defense training, sticking hands, and sparring, maybe even tutorials and lessons. Now, two years later, I am finally getting around to it. So far I have seven videos posted with three examples each of self-defense and focus mitt training, and this video I posted yesterday of the Choi Lay Fut form we do called Siu (small) Moi Fah (plumb blossom) Kuen (fist):

I'm currently trying to rustle up some help with this project. Off the top of my head, I can think of Thirty Four(!) different forms that are done in our school. I can't do that all alone. Well, maybe I could, but I don't want to. Not to mention that most of what we do in our school is two person exercises, and I would like to get as much variety of people as possible. Wish me luck!



Song of the Day: Live at the Amphitheatre, Double Trouble - This is a clip from the fantastic 1982 Hip Hop movie Wild Style.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's like a beautiful dance..
thanks
patrinka

TTS626 said...

Hi, I recall seeing a sign up about the Black Dragon KF School on Division somewhere. For the life of me, I couldn't find any more info and lost the contact info I had written down.

Is the school still active?

TTS626 said...

oh, if you like, contact me at:

timothytsmith [at] hotmail.com