Monday, November 9, 2009

Cyclocrossin'

On the invitation of my friend Corin, I went and spectated the annual cyclocross race out at the Portland International Raceway. I knew three of the racers. Below is Trever Spahr in Orange:

For those of you not yet introduces to the sport, let me advise you to go look it up. I know only a little more than you. Basically it's a bunch of crazy people riding their bike at breakneck speeds through a long, muddy, and obstacle-ridden course.


It was raining very wetly, and it was very muddy. Here is Corin in her free Shimano(TM) poncho

The big draw for me was the sweet food karts and the beer.

Waffles! and Beer too!

Here's me and my Waffle! And a crazy hat that I borrowed from Alyssa.
I also ate a taco from Koi Fusion, it was delicious!
The theme was Thunderdome or something so they had this sweet geodesic dome that the course snaked through.


My friends Meghan and Sarah were there too watching my other friend Nissy race

Here's Nissy using a puddle like a giant bird bath after the race:

There was even rock and roll music


It was a lot of fun!



Song of the Day: Damn your eyes, Zap Mama

No comments: